If you are not satisfied with the services we provide – please let us know.

What is a complaint?

Complaints against financial institutions are regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority’s statute book FFFS 2002:23. This states, among other things, that a complaint is defined as a client of an institution in an individual case expressing tangible dissatisfaction with the handling of a financial service or product.

General comments and general discontentment in this context are not considered a complaint or dissatisfaction, which must be considered to have little significance for the customer. The definition of Complaint is significant as there is a whole framework of regulations for how institutions must act on Complaints.

Box 119 14
404 39 Gothenburg

Telephone: +46 (0) 10 161 00 00

Bank Bureau of Consumers

If you believe you need impartial information about how financial institutions/banks should behave in matters of the kind in question, you can turn either to your local Consumer Advice Bureau or to Konsumenternas Bank & Finance Bureau.

Konsumenternas Bank- och Finansbyrå
Klara Norra Kyrkogata 33
111 22 Stockholm

Telephone: +46 (0)8 24 30 85 

Complaints Officer at Collector

If you do not need impartial information, but would like a superior body at Collector to examine your complaint, you can contact the Complaints Officer at Collector, Isabell Mörner via email or post.

Att: Isabell Mörner
Box 119 14
404 39 Göteborg

Telephone: +46(
0) 10 161 00 00

 National Board for Consumer Complaints (ARN)

If you are not satisfied after the complaints officer has assessed your complaint, you can turn to the National Board for Consumer Complaints (ARN).

National Board for Consumer Complaints
Klarabergsgatan 35
Box 174, 101 23 Stockholm

Telephone: +46 (0)8-555 017 00

Note that there are limits on time and amounts regarding the possibility to approach ARN and that each party must bear its own costs during the procedure regardless of the assessment made by ARN.

General court

Another option is to turn to the general courts. Should this become necessary, you must keep in mind that disputes relating to amounts less than half a base amount can be handled within the framework of simplified judicial proceedings known as “Small Claims”.

The greater the amount in dispute the more important it is, ideally through a representative, to examine the possibility of winning a trial. You should always look into whether you have an insurance policy that provides compensation for lawyer fees or whether you can apply for legal aid.